ReThink 2020 on-demand
Day 2 – 29th October
Title: Business Leadership & Public Policymaking
– In Hong Kong, support and advice from the business sector carries strong weight with policymakers. The business community often share their views and exert their influence on policymaking through government consultations.
– More recently, in a world full of sustainability challenges that demands accelerated actions, there are growing examples of business-led initiatives that proactively drive and facilitate public policy change. Business leadership has never been more important.
– Business advice and support is important for public policymaking
– Business actions and initiatives may drive and influence public policy in a positive way
– The role of business on public policymaking is evolving and growing
Post-event actions for delegates:
– Speak up on behalf of your company or sector on relevant government policy
– Proactively participate in and support business associations on sustainability
– Initiate action on the ground in your company or sector for real change
– Mobilise and support your peers to do the same
Simon Ng, Director – Policy & Research, Business Environment Council