The safety and wellbeing of all event attendees at ReThink HK is our utmost priority and the event team are in constant contact and dialogue with the venue team to ensure that all mandatory and best-practice preventative measures are in place.
This page will be updated regularly as and when restrictions and/or guidelines change.
A face mask must be worn at all times by all attendees within the exhibition hall and conference theatres
No eating or drinking is permitted within the exhibition hall*. The organiser and venue staff reserve the right to confiscate any food or drink items being consumed, and may eject offenders from the event hall with no right to a refund or re-entry.
for all attendees including delegates and speakers
All visitors attending events or visiting any of HKCEC food and beverage outlets are required to use the “LeaveHomeSafe” (“LHS”) mobile app to scan the LHS QR code before admission to the event premises, restaurants and catering premises, and must comply with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Vaccine Pass) Regulation (Chapter 599L). Any person with a “Red code” will be denied entry.
Persons with “Amber code” are allowed to participate in business-to-business exhibitions and conventions held in Event Premises or Places of Public Entertainment subject to specific requirements.
for exhibitors (and working staff)
As requested by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD), as an exhibition hosted within an Event Premises, under CAP. 599F Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation, we are obligated to collect a copy of the Vaccination Pass Record of all Exhibitor Pass holders. Please upload your Vaccination Record (and COVID-19 Recovery Record if applicable) OR COVID-19 Medical Exemption Certificate when you register for your Exhibitor Pass no later 1600 on 30th September. Please reference the Event Set-up Guide for further details.
MANDATORY RAT FOR WORKING STAFF (contractors, exhibitors, organisers and volunteers)
TO BE UNDERTAKEN NO LATER THAN 1 HOUR BEFORE YOUR FIRST ENTRY TO THE VENUE
Subject to the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation
(P)(9) arrangements must be made for all working staff involved in the operation of the premises to undergo a RAT every three days before entry into the premises and keep record of each RAT result for three days (see note 11 of the notice);
Note 11: A staff member involved in the operation of the business on the premises must produce a photo showing the RAT-negative testing kit, on which the name of the staff member and the day of taking the RAT are marked, obtained on the relevant work day or on any of the two days immediately preceding the relevant work day, upon being asked by an enforcement officer inside the premises on the relevant work day.
View the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation
Temperature check is required for:
– All venue staff members
– Contract workers at contractor entrances
– All visitors entering HKCEC (this means all event attendees for ReThink HK)
All persons with a high temperature and/or display respiratory symptoms will be denied entry.
Anyone without a face mask will be denied entry. Surgical masks are recommended by the venue.
Anyone wearing a Quarantine Order wristband will be denied entry to the HKCEC and restaurants. The venue’s security staff will report contraventions to the Police.
– Enhanced venue ventilation has been put in place
– All frontline members are required to wear face masks
– Automatic hand sanitiser spray dispensers are available at guest lift lobbies, Customer Service Counters and restaurants.
– Special rubbish bins for disposal of used face masks
– Isolation room for handling sick persons during the event period will be set up. The rooms are equipped with a sofa, face masks, sanitizing hand gel, tissue and rubbish bins with a lid
– The location of the allocated Isolation Room for ReThink HK 2022 will be confirmed nearer the event dates
Cleaning in the Public Circulation Area
– Anti virus Nano Titanium Photocatalyst Coating and antimicrobial surface protectant NDF Bio75 have been
applied throughout the event venue and public facilities
– Floor mats are placed at all HKCEC main entrances, sprayed with diluted bleach every 2 hours
– Sterilize escalator handrails and door handles with medical alcohol/ diluted bleach every 1 hour
– Clean lift panels with disinfectant cleaner every 1 hour
– More frequent emptying and cleaning of garbage bins
Cleaning in the Exhibition Hall
– Clean tables and chairs with diluted bleach twice a day
– All restrooms are assigned with an attendant during the event to conduct ongoing cleaning and disinfecting work
– Deep cleaning on the move-in night & daily cleaning after show
– Clear rubbish and spray the cage with diluted bleach
– Vacuum all hall aisles
– Wash all hall aisles with disinfectant cleaner
– Thorough cleaning of all restrooms
*exemption has been agreed for conference speakers and theatre management staff