Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) is one of the world’s most respected professional engineering associations. Established in 1818, it has 95,000 members across the globe. ICE’s vision is to place civil engineering at the heart of society, delivering sustainable development through knowledge, skills and professional expertise.
Our sustainability goals for 2023:
- Place the decarbonisation of our industry at the heart of our agenda (UNSDG 9.4)
- Working with others, both in the UK and overseas, to build resilience and mitigate the significant effects of climate change (UNSDG 13)
- Transform the availability of potable water and sanitation across the world (UNSDG 6 & 7)
- Transform the productivity of our industry by driving modeern methods of procurement and manufacture (UNSDG 8 & 9)
- Enhance the knowledge, insight and ethical understanding of engineers wherever they work across the world