UOB is committed to doing right by our customers and stakeholders. As a responsible financial steward, we recognise our role in supporting the region’s transition to a net zero economy and directing the resources needed to the relevant parties on this journey. The Bank pledges to work closely with policymakers, peers and clients to reach our common goal. Together we forge a sustainable future for the people and businesses within, and connecting with, ASEAN today.
Our sustainability goals for 2023:
At UOB, our approach to sustainability is rooted in corporate values and embedded in the business model. We are committed to reaching net zero across the Group by 2050 with an orderly and just transition that continues to support economic growth and improve energy access across the region’s diverse economies.
Drive Growth Sustainably
- UOB drives growth sustainably by incorporating sustainability risk elements in its approach to risk management. This includes integrating ESG considerations into its credit evaluation and approval processes. The Bank also progressively adopts as well as promotes climate-resilient practices which support clients in their own transition to a lower-carbon economy. Beyond financing, UOB continues to make significant strides in growing its sustainable investing portfolio.
Keep Customers at the Centre
- As UOB focuses on doing what is right for customers, it ensures that Fair Dealing principles are entrenched in all aspects of its relationship with them. UOB aims to make banking more accessible and inclusive to individuals and businesses in the communities in which it operates. Standing by its customers also means that the Bank protects the data and privacy by maintaining the security and robustness of its systems and processes.
Develop Professionals of Principle
- UOB embraces diverse strengths and abilities as these enhance the Bank’s capabilities and enrich its competitiveness. UOB equips its colleagues to take on the challenges of tomorrow even as it cares for their welfare and work-life harmony today. UOB also fosters a sense of belonging among colleagues by encouraging volunteerism and improving engagement and satisfaction.
Uphold Corporate Responsibility
- UOB believes that as a responsible financial services provider, it must uphold corporate responsibility by maintaining the highest standards of governance and risk culture, ensuring regulatory compliance and protecting the financial system. It remains steadfast in its commitment to promote social development in the areas of art, children and education. Both in its own operations as well as among its stakeholders, UOB actively encourages and supports environmental stewardship efforts.
UN SDG goals that we align with:
- SDG 1 No Poverty
- SDG 2 Zero Hunger
- SDG 3 Good Health and Well-being
- SDG 4 Quality Education
- SDG 5 Gender Equality
- SDG 6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG 10 Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG 12 Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13 Climate Action
- SDG 14 Life below Water
- SDG 15 Life on Land
- SDG 16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- SDG 17 Partnerships for the Goals
Legal Name: United Overseas Bank Limited
General Enquiry Form: https://forms.uob.com.sg/appforms/hk/contact-us.page
General Enquiry Phone Number: 29108888
Meet our speakers: