Swire Pacific has recently published its Sustainable Development Report 2022, which outlines the latest sustainable development performance and progress under the company’s SwireTHRIVE sustainable strategy. The Report covers Swire Pacific’s diversified businesses, including Property, Beverages and Aviation. Below is a summary of the company’s 2022 progress against its SwireTHRIVE goals:
- Scope 1 + Scope 2 emissions only. 2018 base year.
- Non-hazardous waste (where the company exercises operational control).
- Compared with a 2018 frozen efficiency baseline. Excludes bottling volume from Swire Coca-Cola.
- Increased the amount of sustainable finance as a proportion of the Group’s total financing to more than 35%.
- Allocated HK$21 million to fund trials of innovative solutions to reduce carbon and waste at three operating companies via the Swire Pacific Sustainable Development Fund.
- Developed an understanding of its total emissions footprint by completing a Scope 3 emissions assessment for all operating companies.
- Introduced a near-term target to achieve 30% of women on the Swire Pacific Board of Directors by 2024.
- Developed an Internal Carbon Pricing mechanism to be trialled in 2023.