Jardine Matheson has published its first Group-wide Sustainability Report 2021.
Ben Keswick, Executive Chairman of Jardine Matheson, said, “Sustainability is integral to the long-term business success of Jardine Matheson. We are therefore excited to be publishing our first Group-wide Sustainability Report, which highlights the great progress we have made in advancing our sustainability agenda. The Report reflects a shared sense of purpose across our Group. Many of our businesses are already actively pursuing leading sustainability agendas in their markets and sectors, but we know we can do more. Producing this report has drawn us closer together and helped us to ensure that, as a Group, we are maximising our impact throughout the communities we serve and are putting sustainability at the heart of how we run our businesses.”
Our key highlights:
- Jardine Matheson’s first Group-wide Sustainability Report sets out ESG data and aligns sustainability performance metrics across the Group.
- Affirms commitment to supporting a Just Transition and taking climate action.
- Jardines and its Group companies have committed to scaling up investments in renewables and making no further investments in new coal mines or coal-fired power plants. More information can be found here.
- Reports on outcome of preliminary physical climate risk analysis across all major business units in line with TCFD recommendations.
- Range of new Group-wide ESG policies published which enhance Group’s commitment to good sustainability governance.
Jardines remain confident in its long-term strategy to leverage its scale, partnerships and expertise to make a positive contribution to the communities where it operates.